Helpful Tips to Get Your ADD/ADHD (indigo) Child to Sleep
Naturally by Lisa Whatley
walking zombie! He barely slept and the times he did sleep, he was very restless,
constantly moving and frequently waking up. Routines and schedules did not work for
him at that time. Taking one five minute nap during the day would give this child
enough of an energy boost to keep him ticking until well past midnight and he would
still be up by 6AM! He by passed crawling and was literally running at eight and half
months! He was definitely my little energizer bunny! In this article I will share with
you natural methods that I have learnt over the past 10 and half years to help him at
least fall asleep.
No one suggestion below will work for everyone, but continue trying new things until
you find what does work for your situation. Do not give up! It eventually pays off in
the long run for both of you! Unless of course you have more kids like I do. I'm so
used to not sleeping now I wonder what it would feel like to actually have one whole
undisturbed night of sleep to myself! At least I am only getting up for two out of four
kids now, but as with all things, this too shall pass.
* Stick to a bedtime schedule for both going to bed and getting out of bed. This
should not be a fight. Your child should already be relaxed and ready for bed. On
school days the routine for my son to awaken is 7:15AM. On weekends, he still goes
to bed at 9PM, but I allow him to wake up whenever "he" wants to get up.
* Get them to use the bathroom before going to bed. This should help them to not
wake up during the night needing to use the toilet.
* A warm sea salt bath right before bed helps to relax the body and mind.
* A foot massage. This can be with a foot massage bath spa, an actual hand
massage or both! If you are going to use oils, be sure to pick pure oils, not synthetic
ones and that they are relaxing, calming oils! You do not want to use oil that is
meant for stimulation. Find a good aromatherapist to help you as you need to use a
carrier oil along with the essential oil for massage.
* A back massage. Again this can be done with oils or without remembering to use
relaxing, calming oils over stimulating ones.
* An energy healing treatment releases tension and stress and can have a calming
* Soft, non-vocal, slow instrumental music. This relaxes the body and mind whereas
using vocals and fast tempo will increase the energy and keep the mind in thought.
* Nature Sounds: My son likes the sound of rain, dolphins, oceans and rivers. He
didn't care for the bird, cricket, frog sounds nor the thunder storms as this frightened
him more than soothed him.
* Using the bedroom for sleep only. I created a play area in our house that equips
the television, the kids' games, PS2, music, their toys and books etc.
* Avoid daytime naps especially if you have a child that can take a five minute nap
that revives them until late in the evening! By pass the nap and put them to bed
earlier. My youngest children (4 and 2) get up at 6AM and go to bed by 6PM, no naps.
* Reading stories either to the child or letting them read themselves. Pick stories that
are calming and non-violent.
* No television of a violent or stimulating nature before bed.
* No stimulating energetic games such as running, jumping, tickling, wrestling etc.
Pick quiet activities such as drawing, reading or writing.
* The bedding style may make a difference. My son likes it semi-snug. If the bedding
is too tight, he squirms around a lot until he is able to loosen it up some. You may
have try tight, semi-snug or loose.
* Diet is very important and if you want your child to fall asleep easily and rest well
stay away from sugar and products with artificial food colouring. That means pretty
much all processed foods! It is time to go back to the basics and eat as natural and
clean as possible. This truly makes a huge difference!
Trying some of these tools may just bring back the peace and balance you and your
child need! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at
About The Author
Lisa Whatley is an Indigo/Crystal Adult, single mother of four Indigo/Crystal Children,
an entrepreneur, writer and an Energy Facilitator. She has helped many people
change their lives with the services she provides. She resides with her four children in
Northern Ontario Canada. She can be reached through her personal website
© Copyright 2004-5 Lisa Whatley .
As a single mom of four children
myself I know how difficult it is to get
any child to bed on time! It is even
more difficult if a child has been
diagnosed as Attention
Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder or more
commonly referred to as ADD/ADHD.
The Angel Lady, Doreen Virtue, calls
this: Attention Dialed into a Higher
My eldest son, since the day he
arrived into this world has been a
go-go-goer! The first year of his life, I
tripled my own age! I was sleep
deprived and literally exhausted, a
|Copyright © EveryNutrient.com
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The content on
this website is for educational purposes only. Please consult with your physician before using natural
remedies and before making any drastic changes to your diet or exercise program.
Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil Reviews
Coconut Oil Research