The Unspoken Horror of Adult Acne
by Frank Cordova
Sebum secreted from the hair follicles moves to the skin pores and lubricates the skin.
But sometimes the oil glands expand, producing an excess of sebum, which ultimately
gets trapped in the hair follicle and clogs the pores. These clogged pores permit
bacteria and growth of Propionibacterium acnes. This bacteria causes inflammation of
the hair follicle and the surrounding skin and thus acne emerges.
Though till now the exact causes of adult acne are not known, most of the theories
suggest hormonal imbalances as the root cause. Some other causes proposed are
evolutionary biology, diet, stress, vitamin deficiency and the list goes on.
Some Effective Treatments To Get Rid Of Adult Acne
- Studies reveal that Vitamin A plays an important role in the reduction of serum
and keratin production and thus minimizes their growth in follicle comedos. So,
nourish your system with Vitamin A and take at least five servings of vegetables
and fresh fruits daily. However, always consult a doctor before starting up with
any kind of regime.
- Zinc is an important element in treating acne too. Zinc enhances the functions of
Vitamin A and lends a helping hand in the healing and regeneration of tissues.
Zinc also reduces the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, which
shrinks sebum production.
- Most acne sufferers lack Selenium, which plays a crucial role in the action of the
enzyme Gluthathione Peroxidase that prevents the inflammation of the hair
follicle. Vitamin E minimizes this process and plays a vital part in the action of
Vitamin A and Selenium.
- Friendly bacteria, Acidophilus, can check injurious intestinal bacteria including
yeasts such as Candida albicans. You can take in Acidophilus either in gel capsule
form or as yogurt with live culture.
- Benozyl peroxide reduces pimples and is effective for acne. You can have it in
cream or lotion form.
- Creams containing sulphur are also useful in treating acne
- Medications containing iodide and bromide can worsen your acne condition so
stay away from such products.
All these things are medicines, all of which may have side effects and should not be
taken without a prescription and the guidance of a doctor.
Good News For Foodies
You will be glad to know that chocolate or fried foods do not cause acne. These foods
are often seen as unhealthy food habits and therefore "must be" related to skin
breakouts, but this theory has no scientific backing.
However, foods which are high in refined sugar, trans-fatty acid (milk products)
oxidized fatty acids (fried oils) and synthetically hydrogenated vegetable oil contents
may not cause acne but are definitely not very good for your health, and so an
excess of these foods should be avoided. You can be infected with intestinal toxemia if
your diet is low on fiber and essential vitamins and high on these contents. The result
of glut of toxins may show on your skin.
Some Natural Remedies For Adult Acne
The good news about the use of natural things is that they come without the risk of
Name And Fame Of Some Natural Ingredients
This acid makes the keratin production stable and you will get almost same results as
using Benzoyl- Peroxide or oral antibiotics.
Tea Tree Oil
Reduces acne with its antibacterial and antifungal qualities.
A renowned antioxidant, which trims down inflammation and infection
Topical Vitamin C And E
Both are strong antioxidants, which improve skin condition by diminishing
inflammation and infection.
Fruit Acids (AHAs And BHAs)
These acids gently exfoliate your skin, leaving it smooth.
Some Tips To Control Outbursts Of Adult Acne
- Cleanse your face with a mild soap or sulphur soap but do not rub your face with
- Never ever pick or squeeze the zits, it will only worsen your skin condition.
- Some acne treatment products will hike up your skin's photosensitivity so when
you are using these products, use a sunscreen and wear a hat when you are
out. Avoid the tanning booths while using these products as well.
- Try to avoid the use of oil-based products on your skin. To prevent the clogging
of pores use only "noncomdomedogenic" skin products
- Try to avoid friction from sports equipment and airborne grease from fast food
places; these can make your acne worse.
- Along with a good diet include at least 8 to ten glasses of water in your daily
regimen to keep your system clean and the skin glowing
- Choosing the right path will help your skin get rid of adult acne scars. Make your
skin dazzle with a smooth glow by following the tips in this article.
About The Author
Learn how you can cure yourself of acne in just three days by visiting my web site at:
Did you know that more than
25% of the adult population
worldwide suffers from acne? If
we leave the pages of statistical
data and look at people with
plain eyes it will be hard to find a
man or a woman who did not
suffer the gnawing problem of
zits. However, even though this
problem is "skin deep", its effects
germinate into bouts of despair
and social angst, which
jeopardizes quality of life.
Digging Into The Roots Of
|Copyright © EveryNutrient.com
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The content on
this website is for educational purposes only. Please consult with your physician before using natural
remedies and before making any drastic changes to your diet or exercise program.
Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil Reviews
Coconut Oil Research