Juicing For Health - Fifty Fascinating Facts
by Rika Susan
the valuable nutrients. This also enables you to store the juice for a longer period.
4. If you have to store the juice for a while, make sure that the container is airtight,
add a few drops of lemon juice, and keep it refrigerated.
5. When juicing for health, a clever gadget named PumpNseal can be used to vacuum
seal juice in any jar. Removing the air enables you to store the juice for longer
periods without nutrient loss.
6. In general, masticating juicers offer extra features, such as accessories you can
use to mill, grind, puree, to make pasta, and to come up with the most delectable
frozen desserts. When juicing for health, these extras will give you a fairly varied
repertoire in the kitchen. A raw food diet will become more feasible in the process.
7. If you are concerned about a high noise level, rather choose one of the
8. Remember to remove hard pits from fruit such as peaches. You won't eat these
and neither will your juicer! Don't ruin the blades! Apple seeds contain small amounts
of cyanide. Be sure to remove these before juicing.
9. Most body-building, leafy greens have strong flavors. Cucumber is a terrific
disguise for this, and has the added advantage of containing important nutrients.
Maximise the benefit by using one that doesn't need peeling.
10. If you are juicing for health, use organic produce as much as possible. Otherwise
wash everything thoroughly.
11. Often the greatest concentration of nutrients lie just beneath the rind or skin.
12. Don't peel carrots, but do remove their greens. Rhubarb greens also need to be
removed. There may be a problem with toxicity if you juice these.
13. Do peel citrus, mango and papaya. These peels are not usable and may even be
harmful to you. The skins of oranges and grapefruits contain toxic substances.
However, the white, pithy part just below the skin, contains valuable bioflavonoids.
Aim to retain as much of this as possible.
14. Soft fruits such as peaches, melons and strawberries will produce a much thicker
juice than harder textured fruit such as apples. Combine the two to improve the
15. Rather blend banana and papaya. They don't juice well. If you have one of the
masticating juicers with added features, you can try these as a frozen dessert.
Juicing for health isn't suppose to be a punishment, after all! Enjoy something sweet
16. Follow soft fruits with harder textured produce, to facilitate clearing the pulp.
17. Juicing leafy greens becomes much easier if you roll the leaves into a little ball,
before feeding it into the machine.
18. Wheat-grass is exceptionally nutrient-rich, and has a taste strong enough to
equal its value! If your juicer can manage it, start with tiny amounts and increase the
19. It is claimed that the benefits of drinking wheat grass juice includes cleansing the
lymph system, building the red blood cells, removing toxic metals from the cells,
nourishing the liver and kidneys, and restoring vitality.
20. Wheat-grass needs to be consumed in juice form, as the body cannot process
the plant fibres.
21. Wheat-grass is gluten-free, in spite of its name. Gluten is found only in the seed
kernel, and not in the stem and grass leaves of the young plant. It should therefore
be safe for individuals with a gluten intolerance.
22. Drink freshly made juice daily and concentrate on using as wide a variety of
produce as possible, to ensure that your body receives a bit of all the most beneficial
23. Your need for expensive supplements in the form of vitamin and mineral tablets,
will diminish significantly, if you are juicing for health on a daily basis.
24. Many ailments will improve if juice forms a regular part of your diet. For example,
cabbage juice is one of the most healing juices in case of ulcers. In this case, use
under medical supervision.
25. If you experience water retention, juices such as celery, cucumber, cranberry,
and watermelon are extremely helpful.
26. A general rule is that a pound of produce will give you about a cup of juice.
27. One cup of carrot juice is equal to about four cups diced, raw carrots. Carrots
are much easier to consume in liquid form. Your body is also able to assimilate them
28. Vegetable juice is a low-calorie snack and contains no fat. Use it as part of a
sensible eating plan, and experience the wonderful results.
29. Fresh juices act as a healthy, harmless appetite suppressant, and craving curber.
30. Vegetable juice can also help to stabilize blood sugar levels. It has much less
sugar than fruit juices and about 50% less calories, yet it will satisfy that sweet tooth
every time. Try carrot or a combination of carrot and parsley juice when a craving
hits you, and the juice jolt will give it a knock-out before you know it!
31. A water fast may leave you feeling drained, while a vegetable juice fast will give
you an energy surge. Fasting should always be done under supervision.
32. If you really don't like the taste of certain vegetables, try juicing these and adding
them to some of your favorites. You probably won't even notice the difference in
taste, but your body will certainly notice the difference in nutritional value!
33. Your skin may become slightly yellow if you consume large quantities of carrot
juice. This effect is harmless and will disappear once you reduce your consumption.
34. Juicing for health is more beneficial if you consume juice that is at room
35. Ginger gives a bit of a bite to juice. Try it! It has anti-inflammatory properties.
Stomach irritations, nausea and motion sickness can be relieved by taking ginger.
36. The nutrients in the juice you drink, is taken up immediately by all the cells in your
body. Your juicer magically transfers the produce into pre-digested food. This means
that your body is able to make maximum use of all the enzymes, vitamins and
37. Juices help you to maintain the proper PH in your body, which is important in
preventing diseases like cancer.
38. The phytochemicals in the juice also helps to remove carcinogens from your
39. The properties in many vegetables, such as cucumber and carrots, will improve
your skin, hair, and nails. If you up your intake of fresh juice, expensive beauty
treatments may become a thing of the past.
40. Juicing for health is anti-ageing and puts the spring back in your step.
41. Children love the sweet taste of carrot juice. It is easy to add other, perhaps
detested veggies to the juice, without them noticing it.
42. Remember that, it you have kids, they may be more willing to try the juice at
first if you turn it into a smoothie. Try apple, carrot and grapes or strawberry. Put
ice-cubes in a blender, and pour in your juice mixture. Add some frozen yoghurt or
sherbert if you want, and blend to the desired thickness.
43. A good way to add extra flavor and sweetness to juice, is to use fresh or
44. You can also add some cranberries if you like the taste. Cranberries have an
extremely high antioxidant content. In addition, they may help you to avoid urinary
45. Scientists recommend 8 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables to be consumed
per day. A substantial portion of the population don't even reach 20% of the ideal.
Juicing for health is the easiest way to bring you closer to this goal.
46. Although juicing removes some of the fibre, the process allows you to ingest a
much more concentrated, easily assimmilated form of enzymes, minerals and
vitamins. Just be sure to boost your fibre intake, by eating fibre-rich foods such as
cereals and whole grains.
47. It is believed that sugar cane juice has properties that help to prevent tooth
decay. In contrast, eating sugar cane often, will result in frequent visits to the dentist.
48. There is also evidence that there may be some wound healing and immune
strengthening properties in sugar cane. In addition, the juice has a soothing effect on
the digestive system, especially when combined with fresh ginger.
49. Juicing for health isn't a cure-all! If your lifestyle is unhealthy in general, don't
expect juicing to magically wipe out the negative effects of all the things you know
you probably shouldn't do!
50. If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, nursing or have any illness, you
need to get medical advice before starting a juicing for health program. The same
rule applies to small children. Some juices are quite potent and may do more than
good under certain circumstances.
About The Author
Rika Susan of Best-Juicing.com is a freelance writer, focusing on health and nutrition
articles. She is also the author of '35 Frequently Asked Juicing Questions Answered!'
which you can download along with your free juicer recipe ebook at
1. If you are juicing for health, it is
useful to remember that fresh juice
starts to lose nutrients as soon as it
is made. If you want to retain the full
benefit of your effort, drink the juice
immediately or as soon as possible.
2. Some juice extractors, such as the
centrifugal-ejection type, generate
enough heat during operation to do
some damage to the delicate
structure of the juice. The resultant
oxidation destroys nutrients.
3. Masticating juicers use a more
gentle process, preserving more of
|Copyright © EveryNutrient.com
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The content on
this website is for educational purposes only. Please consult with your physician before using natural
remedies and before making any drastic changes to your diet or exercise program.
Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil Reviews
Coconut Oil Research