Autism Intervention - How Heavy Metal Testing Helps Your
Child by Dr. Kurt Woeller
You can get an idea about the presence of heavy metals, but no absolute total value
is measurable. The reason is, metals are stored in many different places in the body, i.
e. brain, kidney, liver.
So why do testing at all? The reason it is important to develop a baseline for any
individual on the autism-spectrum to determine the need and progression overtime
with biomedical autism Intervention, such as detoxification treatment.
- Gives an idea of past exposure of metals that have been in tissue circulation for
the past 10-12 weeks.
- Cheap, non-invasive and easy to obtain.
- Autism-spectrum children generally show lower levels of heavy metals
compared to many neuro-typical children, particularly mercury. This could
indicate that a child is not excreting the mercury effectively.
- Gives an idea of environmental exposure via food, air, and water.
- Levels on fecal test DO NOT necessarily indicate what is being detoxified from
inside the body (from the bloodstream into the digestive system).
- "In through the mouth, out through the rectum" - is most likely what is being
- Normal most of the time unless there is recent or ongoing exposure. For
example, many kids have blood serum mercury tests done that are normal. All
this indicates is that they have not been recently exposed to mercury. It does
not rule out the possibility of mercury storing in body tissue and staying there
- Blood immunology (antibody) testing can give an idea of toxicity - difficult in
some kids because production of antibodies is deficient and testing not widely
- Preferred test for provocative challenge testing. This is where a detoxifying
agent is consumed and then urine is collected over a period of time to
determine the level of metal excretion into the urine. Usually, a baseline urine
sample is collected before the challenge test to get an accurate measurement
of detoxifying heavy metals.
- Indicates what is truly coming out.
- Gives an idea of what the body burden maybe, but not 100% all the time.
- Porphyrin Urine Analysis - a unique test that does indicate cellular toxicity to
Critical Point: The heavy metal tests listed above indicate that your child has been
exposed to a particular metal, and that toxicity is likely a possibility. They indicate
what is coming out of the body, but not how much is left behind. No one heavy
metal test will provide all the answers.
Don't let ANYONE tell you there is nothing you can do to help your child. Autism really
is treatable! Start your child down the road to recovery from autism. Biomedical
Autism treatments and therapies have resulted in many, many children improving -
even losing their autism-spectrum disorder diagnosis. For more information and a
free ebook on biomedical autism treatment go to About The Author:
Dr. Kurt Woeller is an autism biomedical specialist, with a private practice in Southern
California for over 10 years. He has helped children recover from autism, ADD,
ADHD, and other disorders, and has the information you need to help your child. Get
his ebook, "7 Facts You Need To Know About Autism (But Probably Weren't Told)."
You can download it right now for free at .
An Autism Intervention Specialist
Autism intervention includes the
biomedical testing for heavy metals.
This article explores the issue of
heavy metal diagnostic testing.
Testing in an important component of
medicine, and the diagnostic tools
available for heavy metal exposure
and toxicity are important to
There is NO TEST that absolutely tells
the exact level of heavy metals
stored in your child's body.
|Copyright © EveryNutrient.com
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The content on
this website is for educational purposes only. Please consult with your physician before using natural
remedies and before making any drastic changes to your diet or exercise program.
Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil Reviews
Coconut Oil Research