Acne can be likened to a lion who strikes after observing a calf with a bad limp. Acne is an opportunistic attacker. If acne fought you in a boxing match, it would in fact hit you while you were down. It shows up when the internal environment of the body becomes sufficiently prone and vulnerable to attack.
Under the right conditions, acne will slip into the doorway unannounced. Quality water will keep acne on the outside looking in. Drink plenty of water in your battle with acne.
Let’s face it, even in the absence of scientific evidence, a major clue of the importance of water to our survival stems from the fact that water makes up two thirds of the body. Hint-hint! Water will greatly improve your ability to fight off and resist acne.
By the way, busy day at work today? So busy that you didn’t even pause to gulp down a drink of water? When you neglect to drink, the water in your body decreases, causing a decrease in your blood volume. When your blood volume decreases to a dangerous level, the thirst control center in your brain, the hypothalamus, gets triggered into action. Ever find yourself overcome by that “thirsty feeling?” That’s the hypothalamus demanding that you quench the body’s thirst.
Consider this fact… a very important point. Whenever you get that “thirsty feeling” you’re already dehydrated. Here’s why you need to be aware of this important point. You tend to only drink enough to “quench your thirst.” But you really need to drink much more in order to increase your blood volume. So, if you’re thirsty, drink lots and lots of water.
1. Water aids in the proper digestion and absorption of food in the colon. Please don’t be confused on this point. You should not drink liquids while consuming a meal. Powerful stomach acids can adequately process the food. Drinking liquids with meals only serves to weaken the stomach acids and slow down or at times even stop digestion. Water should be taken on board at least thirty minutes before or thirty minutes after the meal.
2. Water aids in the circulation and elimination of the body. The body eliminates through perspiration, urination, and excretion. This water must be replaced.
3. If you don’t eat food for 5-6 weeks, the strong possibility exists that you could die. If you don’t drink water for 5-6 days, in all likelihood you will die.
4. Two thirds of the weight of your body is water. Think of it! If you weigh 180 lbs. Then 120 lbs. of your weight is water.
5. Water is essential to transporting waste out of the body.
6. As much as ninety five percent of your brain is water.
7. Long stint sitting at your desk today? When you get up to stretch, do you hear your bones making all sorts of weird popping and cracking noises? Make a beeline for the water cooler because water is a lubricant, it will help.
8. Do you enjoy public speaking? Mouth ever dry out? Tongue feel like a piece of leather? What do you reach for, toast? Of course not! You reach for water because the base for saliva is water.
9. If you sit most of time, constipation may surface as a problem. Water can prevent constipation, by keeping things moist and moving.
10. Put that can of soda down. Now! Get over to the water cooler and get yourself a drink of water. That 12 oz. can of soda is chuck full of acid, (don’t even start with the sugar). Let’s say you realize the error of your ways, and you wanted to neutralize the acid now in your body from that soda you just drank. You better get started immediately drinking your water, because it will take 32 glasses to do the job.
Here’s more, each one of these tips constitutes a plank in building the foundation of a healthy system. A healthy system gives you a fighting chance in the battle against acne. While engaged in this battle, everyone should drink quality water on a daily basis. If you don’t drink your six-pack daily, (water that is), you leave yourself vulnerable and open to illness and disease. Water is the frontline weapon in the battle against acne.