What to Juice and Why: Vegetable Juices
by Denice Moffat
Here is a short list of vegetables juices with the maladies they are good for:
- Asparagus--Kidneys, diuretic, blood purifier, bowel health, soothes nervous
system (Note: urine will turn dark and have a different odor to it when you eat
or drink a lot of asparagus. This is normal and harmless and will pass.)
- Beet greens--Gallbladder, liver, osteoporosis.
- Beets--Blood cleanser, liver cleanser, menstrual problems, arthritis, lymph
glands, flushes the kidney and bladder, and is good for low blood pressure.
(Note: never drink it straight as it can temporarily paralyze your vocal cords,
cause hives, increase the heart rate and give you alternating chills and fever.
Hmm--sounds like a good reason to stay away from beets altogether! They
sure do taste "earthy.")
- Brussels sprouts--Good for diabetics and hypoglycemia, makes for healthy
skin, increased male potency and stomach ulcers.
- Cabbage--Colitis, ulcers, and it curbs alcohol cravings. (Note: Do not store
cabbage juice because its Vitamin U content can be quickly lost.)
- Carrots--Eyes, liver problems, high cholesterol, protects skin from UV rays,
nervous problems (like Multiple Sclerosis), arthritis, osteoporosis, and low blood
- Cauliflower--Breast cancer
- Celery--Kidneys, diabetes, osteoporosis, good for people who sweat in excess,
muscle cramps, fatigue, anxiety, stress, insomnia, headaches, air pollution,
sweet cravings, low blood pressure, and obesity.
- Comfrey--Intestines, hypertension, osteoporosis.
- Cucumber--Edema, diabetes, tendonitis, skin tone, muscle tone, complexion
problems, poor nail growth.
- Dandelion Greens--Spring tonic, strengthens blood and bones, increases
stamina and energy. (Note: eat them early in the summer as they get bitter as
- Fennel--Night blindness, eye disorders, flatulence, blood strengthener,
- Garlic--Allergies, colds, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, high fats,
diabetes, immune booster, anticarcinogen, antibacterial, antifungal, rids body of
toxins through the skin, low blood pressure.
- Ginger root--Circulation, motion sickness, nausea, laryngitis, clears mucous in
the throat, sinuses and lungs.
- Greens (Collard, Mustard, Turnip, Kale, Parsley, Spinach, Turnip, Chard)--
Cardiovascular disease, skin, eczema, digestive problems, obesity, breath.
(Note: Greens contain more than 100% of the RDA for Vitamin C and Vitamin
- Jerusalem artichokes--Diabetes.
- Jicama--Sooths upset stomachs, osteoporosis/osteopenia, and hemorrhoids.
- Kale--Constipation, bladder problems, arthritis, also see Greens.
- Lettuce--Lung cancer prevention, hair and nail strength, skin problems.
- Onion--Normalizes nervous system for sympathetic dominance, stimulates
beneficial bacteria, breaks up mucous, low blood pressure. (Note: If you juice
onions, put them in the juicer first THEN the other vegetables so the odor does
not stay on the juicer parts.)
- Parsley--Kidneys, edema, arthritis, tendon and ligament problems,
osteoporosis (has lots of natural calcium), one of the most nutritious foods in
the world, boils and cysts, increases oxygenation of the blood, bad breath,
stimulates normal peristalsis of the gut, vision problems, adrenal exhaustion,
thyroid disease, obesity.
- Potatoes--Intestines, ulcer.
- Radish--Liver, high cholesterol, obesity, sinus problems, clears excess mucous,
soothes sore throats.
- Spinach--Anemia, eczema, regenerates damaged intestinal tracts,
constipation, circulation problems, cleans liver and glands.
- Sprouts--Baldness, morning sickness.
- Sweet potatoes--Any kind of skin problems.
- Tomatoes--Use them alone or leave them alone, but adding celery and
cucumber to it works fine.
- Watercress--Anemia, colds.
- Wheat grass--Anemia, liver, intestines, breath, excellent antioxidant,
- Zucchini--internal cleanser, fantastic as a mineral supplement.
Which vegetables are you most drawn to eating? Now I hope you know why. Happy
About The Author
Dr. Denice Moffat is a practicing naturopath, medical intuitive, and veterinarian
working on the family unit (which includes humans and animals) through her phone
consultation practice established in 1995. She has a content-rich website at and free internationally distributed monthly
newsletter. To read more articles about juicing, fasting, dry brushing and enemas, go
During a juice fast, select juicing
materials and teas specific to your
health conditions. Most of the people
I see in my practice do well on Dr.
D'Adamo's, Eat Right for Your Type
Diet (www.dadamo.com). Because
of this, I recommend juicing those
fruits on the Highly Beneficial and
Neutral Foods Lists specific to your
Organic vegetables are the best type
to use, but if you can't find or afford
those, wash whatever you can find
thoroughly before juicing them. And,
if you don't know your blood type,
|Copyright © EveryNutrient.com
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The content on
this website is for educational purposes only. Please consult with your physician before using natural
remedies and before making any drastic changes to your diet or exercise program.
Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil Reviews
Coconut Oil Research